Saturday, August 16, 2008

My Hero, Popeye

My hero has always been Popeye the Sailorman. He was not handsome, yet Popeye thought well of himself. He had a disability. One eye seemed permanently shut. He had an addiction. Smoking. He was in love with a taller than he shapeless very skinny woman named Olive Oyl. He was loyal. He parented a child that maybe was not his own...baby momma drama!

For the most part Popeye was meek. Then things hit the fan when a loved one or friend were in trouble. Long suffering, Popeye would utter his motto just as he was about to open that can of whoop-ass..."Ive taken all I can stands and I can't stands no more!" Bluto, Brutus or Alice the Goon would get dealt with and things would go back to what was normal for them: Olive Oyl leading Popeye on, Sweet Pea needing his time, and Whimpy needing some cash to feed his hamburger Jones. After Popeye sorted things out order is achieved.

Oh, how I wish that that could be my life


No comments: