Sunday, June 14, 2009

TV SoundOff: Sunday Talking Heads


Jason,



I lasted two seconds with each show. I tried. I just seem not to be able to sit through nonsense from the GOP and a couple times from the Democrats.



I cannot see Iran being this volatile over their election sans the Obama Muslim World speech. That said, the President seems to be a patient long range thinker/planner. That speech may pay off late next year after the Iranian students get their teeth in a real rant. I was in college when the few Iranian students in Baton Rouge held so many protest marches and parades about the Shah of Iran that you would have to be blind not to get that they felt grieved. Those student protesters were consistent and persistent. Getting the attention of a backwoods student body consumed with getting ahead and having fun in such a desolate town was and still is remarkable. I still remember the hanging effigies.



I have faith that the youth of Iran will do what they must for their future in their country. Just like here the youth are becoming more aware and serious about our country and how they will make their way in it. I have great faith in young people everywhere to save us by saving themselves.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments: