Saturday, January 08, 2011

Gabby Giffords: A Few Words


My goodness. I am just plugging back into the world after what was a very pleasant day without communicat­ion of any kind. My heart breaks upon reading this. The soul of our country is in peril. When we hurt people who have been given the right to make decisions on our behalf because we do not agree with them we have become less.



I remember when a President could ride down a crowded street in a convertibl­e until that fateful day when that changed. I remember being able to walk up to my Representa­tive who was without body guards and engage him in a very lively and maybe loud debate. We ended up shaking hands and parting company. Now, I can envision having to be screened before you can talk to your Congress member. We are less now.



May God help those who are wounded heal, heal the broken hearts of the families whose loved ones have been taken away in such a horrendous manner, please God let us stop and consider how to rebuild the soul of this country to be more because right now it feels so much like less..
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments: