Friday, July 09, 2010

Despite Obama's Lofty Words, Scientific Integrity Rules Are Lagging


Let's see, it is year two and the President who inherited 2 wars, a failing economy, high and climbing unemployment, a messed up bureaucracy, angry constituents, a hostile world, and this year a blown oil well out of control has not kept all of his promises. Dan, I sense your impatience and marked disappointment here. I too, want the President to get it all done yet I understand that he does not have a cape and a phone booth to wa-lah! change into SUPER PRESIDENT able to make 8 years of purposeful deconstruction of government STOP! and become competent, honest, and useful.



I would like President Obama to compromise less about almost everything. I agree that things should be expedited. Science is not only a discipline but an industry, a vital industry to our present and future. Having rules in place to insure scientific integrity concerning political interference is extraordinarily important it simply is not the most important thing at this time. I have worked in governmental bureaucracies before the meetings on constructing rules and policies take too long. I concede that it may be the nature of the beast. The scientists know it that is why they are squealing to you.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments: