Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Obama Day!

This morning I am filled with pride, hope, and relief that we as a country and Blacks as a people have completed the first part of a long journey toward changing this country for the better...Senator Barack Obama has won the Democratic nomination for President of the United States of America. Hallelujah! This has been a long time coming. As a person only three generations away from slavery I feel the prayers and hopes of those who came before me. A secret hope or dare to have someone who looks like me become President of the most powerful nation on this planet has been granted a step closer towards fruition. For me this is a happy day, this is Obama Day! This is a day to celebrate seeing history made.

Now, we have to be vigilant, prayerful and trust that God will deliver our hopes and prayers again. May God grant Barack Obama the 45th Presidency of the United States of America. Happy Obama Day!

No comments: